Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Tuesday's Tips for Book Clubs

Sometimes, especially if your book club has been meeting for a while, it's hard to think of which books to read. Here are some suggestions of where to find books:

  • Many times, we found books just browsing through our local bookstore. After book club we would head there just to browse and continue visiting!
  • Many magazines offer a couple of book reviews in each publication.
  • Web sites - Google "book suggestions for book clubs"
  • Amazon, Barnes and Noble - many online bookstores will give you ideas (these include synopsis)
  • Read a classic. Many we haven't read since childhood, so it's fun to get reacquainted.
  • Visit an author you enjoy - see if he (she) has a book you haven't read yet.
  • Join online book club info web sites. ie:
  • Blogs are a good place to find reviews. Just google "book review blogs" 

I'm sure you have many HUNDREDS more ideas on where to find books. 


Leave me a comment about your great idea for finding books!

or

Leave a comment on my Facebook page  All About Books.

I would love to hear where you find books for your book club!

        

1 comment:

  1. I like to find books that are recommended by other readers. My daughter is a voracious reader and knows what type of books that I like. Sometimes I am fortunate enough that she will give them too me, but otherwise I'll purchase them or post them on Amazon.com on my wish list and get the books for gifts from family members for various holidays.

    ReplyDelete