Saturday, April 7, 2012

"Bitsy's Bait & BBQ" by Pamela Morsi



"Bitsy's Bait & BBQ" by Pamela Morsi was published in 2007. The setting is in the Ozarks in Missouri.

"When Emma Collins uses her divorce settlement to purchase a bed-and-breakfast in the Ozarks, her sister Katy thinks small-town life will be perfect for her and her six-year-old son. But when the sisters arrive and find that B-and-B means Bait-and-BBQ,  they have no choice but to roll up their sleeves and get to work."

My daughter-in-law, Michelle, gave us several boxes of books to sell, read, share - whatever we wanted to do. I went through them and put several in a stack to read. (I know... stacks of books tend to surround me!) Anyway, when I finished  "Sentence of Marriage"  I wanted something "light" and "happy" to read! So I went through a couple of my stacks and found this copy of "Bitsy's Bait & BBQ." The title is catchy and light hearted!  I'm usually not a fan of the romance genre and hoped this one had more substance than your typical romance. It did! It was fun, descriptive and a had little bit of "suspense."

I always enjoy a book where the heroine is an independent woman with her own business. They learn as they go with bait and bbq! The suspense includes Emma's 6 year old son, his paternal Grandmother and his biological Father. Throw in some fishing, some life lessons on judging people on their looks instead of what's in their heart and bad - turned good bbq and you come up with a light hearted, good read. 


Once I went to Pamela Morsi's web site, I realized how she wrote such an uplifting book! Her "about me" page includes this: 


"I was in a fetal position on the bed sobbing when my husband came in and asked me what was wrong.
“I could have been a writer!” I complained bitterly.  “It’s what I always wanted.  I could have been a writer, if I didn’t have you and this house and these kids.  I could have done it!”
He was very sympathetic...for a while.
Then he went out and bought me a computer, set it up in the corner of our bedroom and told me.  “You can’t quit your job.  But I’ll do the cooking and the kids can help me with the house.  You have every night and every weekend.  Write your blankety-blank book or shut the blank up about it.” 

Read more about this funny, remarkable woman HERE.  

When you are looking for a light entertaining read - check out Pamela Morsi's books. I don't thing you will be disappointed.

****




1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun one. The title reminded me of "The Honk and Holler". Miss you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete