Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Empty Shelf Challenge


DSCN5618
I’ve started several book over the last few months that I just couldn’t get “into.” Trust me – it’s not the books – it’s the reader! 

So I’ve been rereading. That seems to be working right now. I started the year with Agatha Christie and then moved to “The Cat Who….” series and have read 10 of those. I’m comfortable with Qwill and his 2 Siamese cats so that’s what I’m reading right now. I’ve done many reviews on these books so am not going to rehash them here.

However, I do have a couple of quotes from “The Cat Who Sniffed Glue.”

Qwill was talking with a bibliophile and their conversation went like this:
Qwill: How many of these do we have to dust? (talking of a  HUGE personal library)
Eddington: I do a few hundred each time. I don’t hurry. I enjoy handling them. Books like to be handled.
Qwill: You’re a true bibliophile, Edd.

Later in the day:

Qwill: I’m amazed at your knowledge of books, Edd. I wish I could remember everything I’ve read and come up with a trenchant quote for every occasion.
Eddington: (looking guilty) I haven’t done much reading, I took Winston Churchill’s advice. He said, ‘It’s a good thing for an uneducated man to read books of quotations.’

Love both of these.

And remember your books like to be handled.

No comments:

Post a Comment