Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Brunette Ambition by Lea Michele


(notice all my tabs!)

From the Cover:
“This book is the story of how I got to where I am today. My hope is that something from it will inspire and motivate you, and also make you realize that anything you want to accomplish in your life is completely possible.” Lea Michele
“In Brunette Ambition – an illustrated book that’s part memoir, part how-to, and part style guide – Lea reveals the lessons and advice that have worked for her, from how she keeps comfortable on the red carpet and maintains flawless hair and makeup all night, to how she stays motivated to work out (even when she just wants to sit on the couch!). Lea shares her favorite recipes – for the hair masque she uses to restore fried ends, the comfort soup she eats to unwind on Sundays,…and many more. Most important, she reflects on the ways she remains grounded,centered, and true to who she is.”

In reading the synopsis above the most important sentence, is the last one – which speaks volumes “…she reflects on the ways she remains grounded, centered and true to who she is.” 

In a world full of “child stars gone wrong” this is so very refreshing. I realize she is still young (to me! She was born in 1986) but she has a great – strong – solid foundation!

“Be you – It’s so cheesy, but there’s no one better at being you than you.”
“Be proud of all the things that make you different.”
                                                                           Lea Michele

Lea Michele writes to young people. Encouraging them to be themselves and to be their very best. To work their hardest.  To be their very best.

This beautiful author shares tips on caring for yourself, eating right (with recipes), keeping fit, style and her life.

Even at 63, I picked up some fabulous tips from her.

I enjoyed reading about her “low-key” lifestyle. Her practical style of living seems odd in this age of outlandish “stars” trying to shock. But even in her low-key lifestyle she offers us a glimpse of her glamorous life on the red-carpet.

We see no crazy extravagance in her life, she seems to be very wise in all aspects.

I like that about her. About her book. It shows her readers that being authentic, being sincere is the best you can do for yourself. – Even if your life is without glamour! After all, we aren’t all created to be on a red carpet!

Beyond the book:
On Rachel Berry,
I loved Rachel Berry in Glee. She is my favorite character. I am always shocked when I hear people say “Rachel is so annoying!”  So I am quick to defend her by explaining her behavior!!

On Lea Michele,
None of us should be defined by our tragedies or our successes. Because it is adding all of our tragedies, mistakes, successes together that makes us a whole. Together they define us, they all work together to make us the person we were always intended to be. Whether we understand or not.

It’s no secret that I can’t carry a tune. I’ve always wanted to be able to “belt it on the fly” as Rachel was able to do but there is a reason God made me without a beautiful voice (one that should never be heard outside of a shower).
- It’s because He knew I would let it completely take over my life. I would let it define me.

Lea Michele is – in my opinion – one of the best singers – performers I have ever heard. But I don’t get the impression she lets it completely define her. She has a very well rounded life outside of her singing voice.

Maybe I see more in this beautiful woman than is actually there – but I don’t think so. I like her!

I liked the book. I’m buying copies for my grand girls!


I am very glad Lea Michele wrote Brunette Ambition!




No comments:

Post a Comment