Monday, August 13, 2012

The Dusty Bookshelf, Lawrence, Kansas



Before Randy and I got married, my brother-in-law Steve Larsen had contacted me and told me about this fabulous book store in Lawrence, KS. This is the first chance we've had to go and let me tell you - it did not disappoint. The most FABULOUS used book store I have ever been in. It has more books than any book store I have ever been in.



 These are just 2 of the several sections that I snapped for an example.


 They also had stacks and stacks of books.

But it was a very neat and clean bookstore. I've been in used bookstores before that I couldn't wait to get out of but this is an exception to the rule. The ambiance in this store was delightful. We could have probably spent days in here - but Lawrence had so much to offer we didn't stay for hours and hours!

Just hours!! : )

 
 I spent much of my time in this section!!

The books were very well sorted and each genre was very well marked. It was easy to find what you may be looking for. It was a very comfortable store. Lots of browsers!

After walking through each section, after perusing the areas I was interested in, we were just getting ready to leave and I spotted a book on a table by the front door.

 
I immediately fell in love with it and wanted it for my collection!
It's even autographed!!

So I bought it!!

If you ever make it to Lawrence, KS - 
PLEASE take time to visit

The Dusty Bookshelf


It will be well worth your time!!

 

1 comment:

  1. I love this store, too. Do they still have the black store cat? He and I used to bond while I looked through the shelves.

    ReplyDelete