Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The Man of Lawlessness by Dr. David R. Reagan






"The Man of Lawlessness - The Antichrist in the Tribulation" by Dr. David R. Reagan is a book I didn't pick up lightly! 


"This book contains a survey of everything the Bible has to say about the Antichrist, presented in a down-to-earth, easy-to-understand style. One of its special features is a prophecy forum where the opinions of 22 Bible prophecy experts are presented concerning key questions about the Antichrist. It also features a series of in-depth essays about the Tribulation and the Antichrist.
221 pages."
  • Where will the Antichrist come from?
  • Will he be a Jew or a Gentile?
  • Could he be a Muslim?
  • Is he alive today?
  • Will he be killed and resurrected?
  • Where will his headquarters be located?
  • Will he actually control the whole world?
  • Will he be possessed by Satan?
  • Will Christians have to face him?
 "Dr. Reagan answers all these questions and more concerning the identity and role of the Antichrist, surveying his career from the beginning to the end of the Great Tribulation."

I hardly know where to start in reviewing this book full of information that is backed by Scripture. I am a reader that reads mostly to escape, relax, enjoy the stories woven by authors. - Do you picture me reading in bed? In an easy chair? While in waiting rooms? You should because that's a picture of me. But with Reagan's book, I read with my Bible beside me, a pencil at hand and my post-it tabs. If he made a statement I didn't understand or was unsure of, I looked up the Scripture he was using to substantiate his statements and to give understanding to what I was reading.  - However, let me add, it was very easy to understand his writings. He writes on the layman's level.

With this being an election year, I was intrigued by Dr. Reagan's statement in his forward:
"... I am neither a Democrat or a Republican. I am, instead, a Monarchist, because I have devoted my life to doing everything I can to help prepare the way for the return of the King of kings and Lord of lords who will reign in glory and majesty from Mount Zion in Jerusalem and whose reign will bring peace, righteousness and justice to all the world."
I have so many post-its in this book there is absolutely no way to give you all the highlights of this work.  I will say, Dr. Reagan Scripturally answers each of the questions that are listed above, plus more.

A part of the book is dedicated to the results of a prophecy forum composed of 22 Bible prophecy experts who also reply to the questions above. I really enjoyed reading the different views and opinions. 

I realize that many don't believe in the end times as described in the Bible. I understand that these same people don't believe in the Antichrist. I have no answers for you except to study your Bible with an open heart and open eyes to what God's indisputable Word says.

If you have any interest in Bible Prophesy, if you are one who studies end times and all that is ahead of us, I highly recommend this book. But also, if you just want to learn more and aren't sure what you believe this book has many answers and explanations. It is a book I plan to keep in my library for reference and for re-reading.

"Dr. David Reagan is the founder and director of Lamb & Lion Ministries. He hosts a weekly television program called "Christ in Prophecy" that is broadcast on several national networks that have access to over 80 million homes in the United States."
From Dr. Reagan: "For years I have taught that when studying or teaching Bible prophecy, the focus of attention should be on Jesus Christ and not on the Antichrist. Accordingly, I have produced several books that explore in detail what Bible prophecy has to say about the Messiah, and I have attempted to show how those prophecies were literally fulfilled in the life of Jesus.

I never expected to write a book about the Antichrist. But I felt compelled to do so when I began to notice a steady stream of books and articles being published about the Antichrist, most of which were very sensational in nature, and thus serving to divert attention away from Jesus Christ.

This book is an attempt to bring some balance to the subject. The Antichrist is a major topic of end time Bible prophecy, and as such, should not be ignored. But on the other hand, this nefarious character should not be an obsession. We must always keep in mind the words of Revelation 19:10 which say, "...the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy." "
 

I have had the privilege of hearing Dr. Reagan speak, he is a man I highly respect. I have followed his ministry and read his work for over 30 years. His website is found here:
http://www.lamblion.com/ 

I also highly recommend his website and his newsletter.

I highly recommend this book
and
Dr. Reagan's website, newsletter and other books.

***** 



 





 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment