Thursday, December 22, 2011

Reading in 2011




I remember going to Hastings one time with some "gift" money. I was shopping for books. Some new reading material that could be used for Book Club and just some good reading for me. I hit the jackpot. I purchased around five books. I hadn't read reviews, I just searched the shelves until I found some books I thought I would enjoy reading.

I love my Kindle and the convenience of it. But there is just something special about spending 2 to 3 hours browsing the shelves in a bookstore. - Of course, to do that, you need to have a wad of money in your pockets!

Let's see, the day I hit the jackpot, I purchased "Still Alice"  (review here)    "The Jane Austin Book Club"  (which I just discovered I never reviewed on my blog... go figure. I loved that book) anyway, "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society" (review here)  "American Wife" (I was SURE I had reviewed this one!!) and I believe  the last book was "The 19th Wife"  
(review here)  - or wait - No, it was "The Zookeeper's Wife" (review here)  ( I know it was another one with the word "wife" in the title!!)

I liked all the books I purchased that day, as I said I felt as if I had hit the jackpot!! However, I have not had that much luck since.  :(  

It seems as if it has been f.o.r.e.v.e.r. since I have read a really good book. I've read some good ones. Just not any REALLY good ones. I read 2 about BTK (true crime books that were based here in Wichita) but lets face it, If I hadn't just moved to Wichita, I probably wouldn't have liked them. 

I've read Evanovich and Grisham - which were both very good - but nothing unusual in their story lines. 

I've read a Christmas book and I've tried reading a couple of other books that I didn't even finish... Which is very unusual for me.

So, I have got to get serious about my book search. I need to read some quality books with interesting story lines.

I want to pick up reviewing books and to do that, I'm just going to have to find something worth reading! So....

For 2012, I hope to give you some reviews to help you choose some good reading material. 

Happy Reading, Friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment