Wednesday, August 3, 2011

"Good Girls Don't Have to Dress Bad" by Shari Braendel



*****


Shari Braendel is the author of "Good Girls Don't Have to Dress Bad."  I love this book. Shari has an eye for color and style. She gives great advice for women and girls. She has watched  women become so busy with their lives that they often don't have time for themselves. 


     Shari encourages us to appreciate the body God has given us and how to always look our best. It's not full of useless information. She teaches what colors to wear, what styles to wear for your size, how to buy jeans, how to accessorize, and just how to feel and look your best. 

Here is her web site - which let's you take a color analysis  
http://www.sharibraendel.com/Good_Girls_Dont_Have_To_Dress_Bad.html

      Once I took the color analysis I was able to order my personal color swatch.  I was having a hard time figuring out which color swatch was for me so I emailed Shari a couple of my pictures and she was able to tell me what color swatch was mine! Personal attention! All of us need that once in a while!

     She speaks at conferences and has a wonderful message teaching modesty. I don't know about you, but I used to  work at a public school and many times I look at some of the girls and think "did your momma SEE you before you walked out the door?" Modesty is hard to teach because it seems to be a very well kept secret. Keep your girls covered..... (and I don't mean your daughters.....)  

     She gives wonderful tips in her book. She has a check sheet for you to make sure you have  on the right amount of accessories. This has proven to be a great resource for me and I don't even have to refer to Shari's list anymore, I have it memorized!

    This book is a wonderful resource to keep and refresh your style ideas every once  a while. I recommend it for every woman's library. I hope you take time to "get to know" Shari through her book, her website and her blog. She is a woman well worth getting acquainted with.



    

No comments:

Post a Comment