Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Tuesday's Tips for Book Clubs

Tuesday's Tips for Book Clubs got put on the back burner today what with all the dependable car problems that I wrote about on Cohorn Collections HERE!

I remember when I was a child my mom was a member of an Home Extension Club. Not many counties offer Home Extension Clubs anymore and women have looked for other ways to get together in groups and socialize. There are way too many groups for me to name here but one of our options is to belong to a book club.  

When we lived in Jamaica, Oprah started her book club. I remember hearing her talk about it on her show. (we could watch Oprah at night in JA.) I thought the idea of a book club was a dream come true for me!

I decided that when I was settled back in the states, I would start a book club. That's exactly what my friend Diane G and I did. The Book Club started in May of 1999. 

My tip is this: if you want to be a member of a book club, if you know some friends that are readers, find one evening a month and START a Book Club. That's it. That's my tip for this week. Just start it. There are no wrong or right ways to do it. You just do it for you. - and a few friends.

Talk to your friends, see if there is an interest - then just do it. Start a book club!

I am not an expert on book clubs but I will be offering some tips on Tuesdays that did or didn't work for our book club.

Just do it for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment