Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Tuesday's Tips are for Book Clubs

I mentioned to Randy that I needed a library card! So we headed to our neighborhood library branch. Libraries can be "best friends" with book clubs! I am a collector of books - but I understand that not everyone is. Books get more expensive as years go by. Space isn't always available for a very large collection - so our public library system can be the answer to  reasons for not being book collectors. 

This is the wonderful Librarian that I met at our library. She was very friendly and helpful. I admire Librarians. From Marion the Librarian in "The Music Man", to my friend Diane that works in a library in Missouri, another friend Diane that is a retired elementary librarian, my friend Pam - a librarian - I seem to have a plethora of Librarian friends!! Anyway, on the surface - it seems like a FUN - enjoyable job - which it is, but it also includes much responsibility and as we saw in "The Music Man" - many complaints! So - hug a librarian this week!! :)  Ok, I've chased that rabbit as far as I'm going to today!

While at the library, I was surprised to learn my wonderful husband didn't have a library card!!! - I know.. I should have asked that BEFORE the wedding! Anyway, while there he got a card, too.

Some things you should find out before the wedding!!


The Wichita Public Library has a web site HERE.  
They also have a page on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/wichitapubliclibrary
ANYWAY:
To get to the subject of this post - Book Clubs.
Many book club members don't want to purchase a copy of the book that's been chosen to read. Your public library can be the answer for that. Many libraries have several copies of a single book for book clubs to reserve and often they even provide discussions questions to go with the books.

On the Wichita Public Library website, they have readers resources, book discussion sets for book clubs.
http://www.wichita.lib.ks.us/Readers/Book+Discussion+Sets.htm

This resource has a list of books that can be reserved and checked out for book clubs.

Check with your local library and see what they have to offer for book clubs.





No comments:

Post a Comment