Wednesday, January 9, 2013

90 Minutes in Heaven by Don Piper

 I first published this review on June 16, 2010

This book by Don Piper tells of his car crash and then his experience in heaven.  He was clinically dead for 90 minutes and during that time was ushered into heaven.

This is one of the most encouraging books I've read in some time and is especially good for those in bereavement.


Randy loaned me his copy when I mentioned I wanted to read it.  It was given to him after his wife, Toni, died.  The couple that gave it to him wrote a very encouraging note in the front of the book.  He says this book was such a comfort to him . He said "This book changed the way I felt about the death of my wife. It was comforting to get a better understanding of what occurs on the other side of death. Having someone describe what occurs when you die made heaven seem more real."

Piper has a wonderful message to give. I believe this book is well worth your time. I do know from what the author says that he has been theologically challenged about his experience. I read the book. I've read the Bible for years and have studied it quite a bit. I find nothing in God's Word that says what Piper experienced couldn't have happened. I would NEVER want to limit God in what He can do and in what He does.

I often wonder, if we spent as much time loving one another,  as much time reading God's Word, as much time praying as we spend criticizing others - what wonderful - spiritual - beings we would be.

It was easy to read, interesting and comforting. It also gives great encouragement to being a believer in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment