Monday, January 7, 2013

Not a Penny More, Not a Penny Less by Jeffrey Archer

I first published this review on February 26, 2010
 
Ah - Jeffrey Archer... 

Do you remember "Still Magnolia's" when Truvy says to Anelle - "There's a story there..." Well - with Archer - There's a story there... 

Baron Archer of Weston-super-Mare is an English author, actor, playwright and former politician.  He was a Member of Parliament and deputy chairman of the Conservative Party.  However, his political career ended after a conviction for "perverting the course of justice" and his subsequent imprisonment. Let me tell you - he is one of my favorite authors! We've read several of his books in book club. 

My very favorite Archer book is "Not a Penny More, Not a Penny Less"
I love a book with a twist and this book has a great one! This is one book that I read as a paperback then went on the great book hunt and finally found a  hard back first edition - for my special shelf!  First published in 1976 it tells us about Harvey Metcalfe who committed the "perfect crime" - but his four victims fumed. - They decided to get even! - Not a penny more, not a penny less.

You can tell Archer really took some liberties and really exaggerated what could really happen but instead of being totally unbelievable it was just fun to read. If you've ever had something inside of you wanting to get even - you will like this book. Do you ever think "If I would win a million dollars...." This book is the same thought process only with revenge as the outcome instead of money!

It's a fun book to read! ONLY DON'T READ AHEAD!! It will spoil the whole book! I've read it several times and found another first edition hard back for my son Tim!
    
I highly recommend this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment