Monday, January 7, 2013

John Grisham

I first published this review on May 28, 2010

John Grisham has always been one of my favorite authors. I enjoy a good lawyer book and he is one of several that puts out a good  story.  I would have to say, among "lawyer book lovers" A Time to Kill is one of the best. He has written over 20 books. Most but not all have been about lawyers. I believe A Painted House was his first book about something other than law. I have heard many great reviews about it but I was really disappointed because I was expecting a lawyer in there somewhere! However he has several books now that aren't about lawyers and I've learned to enjoy them as much as the others.
 
My personal favorite Grisham is The Partner. I really like books that have a twist in the end and this one has a great one!! 
   
ThePartner is about Patrick Lanigan a partner in a law firm and he is killed in a car crash. He is burned beyond recognition and is cremated. Several weeks later, 90 million dollars goes missing from his law firm. He becomes the chief suspect. Four years later, they find him in Brazil!  But I'm stopping there. It wouldn't be fair to give anymore away! It would be a great summer read for you. It's suspenseful - it's entertaining - it's totally unbelievable!! But it sure makes a great story!


I have a friend from high school that teaches in the East. She's a professor of Creative Writing. I have complained to her for many years that there are not enough good books for pre-teen and teen boys. I have raised two boys and have two grandsons and I struggle to find good books for them. I seem to be able to find books for the girls. I told Cheryl she should require her students to write a story for boys!!! :)


I was thrilled to see that John Grisham has started writing a series (I hope) about a 13 year old boy for young readers, Theodore Boone: Kid Lawyer. I'm excited to read this book. I am putting great expectations on it for youth. I know he's a family man and a dedicated father so I feel as if it will be age appropriate.

I have all of John Grisham's books in Hardback and they are all first editions. HOWEVER: My nephew has all of his books - hardback - first editions AND some of his are autographed!!!! I love having a book collector as a nephew!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment