Thursday, January 10, 2013

Earlene Fowler, Author

I first published this review June 14, 2011

In the year 2000 I discovered a new-to-me author. Anyway, I think it was around 2000. Earlene Fowler is a Christian from California. She writes mystery novels about one of my favorite heroines, Benni Harper. There are 15 books so far in this series. The title of each book is the name of a quilt pattern. You can see a list of her books on her web site: http://www.earlenefowler.com/


I just finished her newest book Spider Web.  Fowler's books are easy to read and entertaining. On one of my earlier blogs, I wrote about finding friends in books - Fowler has a talent of making her characters seem like your friends from next door. Her books are "cozy mystery's." (I think I'll chase the "cozy mystery" rabbit in a blog  at a later date.)        :)

In Spider Web Fowler proves her gift of multitasking by having three "mysteries" going on at one time. The biggest mystery includes a "cop killer."

IF you are a reader that is very particular about preciseness and  believability in your mysteries, Fowler's books may not be for you! San Celina is a small to medium size community and LOT's of crime!  - but I like them and have suggested her books to many friends.  Her books remind me of Agatha Christie books. When asked who my favorite author is - which we all know is a stupid question because how can I have only  one favorite author? -  in my "list" of favorite authors, Earlene Fowler is at the top of my mystery genre list!  Right along with Agatha Christie, Lilian Jackson Braun, Rita May Brown, Sue Grafton, Janet Evanovich and I could go on and on! and on......


If you are a cozy mysteries fan  - check out Earlene Fowler.









No comments:

Post a Comment